As we know by now, COVID-19 has changed many aspects of our world including the way we do business. Our attendees’ health and well-being remain our #1 priority and we will do everything in our power to keep you safe. We are continuously monitoring and are committed to complying with all federal, state and local guidance regarding in-person gatherings. Enterprise Connect continues to monitor guidance about Covid-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to provide a safe and healthy experience for all Enterprise Connect participants, and we are working closely with the Gaylord Palms and our contractors to maintain the highest health & safety standards. Enhanced measures are being implemented in accordance with state and local regulations, following the guidance of the CDC and abiding by Informa’s AllSecure health and safety standards.
Enterprise Connect 2022 Updates
UPDATE: February 15, 2022
For up-to-date information on Enterprise Connect 2022 COVID policies, please see our Heath & Safety page.
Enterprise Connect 2021 Updates
UPDATE: August 27, 2021 | Enterprise Connect has updated its health and safety protocols to require that all who attend the show must provide proof of a negative COVID‑19 test result within 72 hours of arrival at the event or proof of full vaccination. As previously announced, we will also require masks in all indoor spaces of the Gaylord Palms Convention Center.
We will continue to monitor guidelines and will follow applicable federal, state, and local laws, adapting our protocols accordingly. We will share updates and details on implementation and other safety measures under consideration.
COVID-19 has changed many aspects of our world, and the way we do business. Our attendees’ health and well-being are our #1 priority and we will do everything in our power to keep you safe.
Enterprise Connect is working closely with the Gaylord Palms and our contractors, and is monitoring guidance about Covid-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to provide a safe and healthy experience for all our participants. Enhanced measures are being implemented in accordance with state and local regulations and following the guidance of the CDC.
April 8, 2021 | A Message to the Enterprise Connect Community
The Enterprise Connect team is excited to be working on our return to in-person events with Enterprise Connect Orlando 2021, Sept. 27-29 at the Gaylord Palms Resort. We are committed to delivering a safe and robust event for our attendees, exhibitors, and other community members. You can expect to see some new elements at this year’s event, as we implement procedures and best practices to provide for the safety of our community. At the same time, you can count on Enterprise Connect to provide the in-depth, expert-led programming we’ve always delivered, and to offer the opportunities you need to network with your peers and explore industry technology providers—all implemented in adherence to our safety principles.
We look forward to bringing the industry together in person for the first time in a year and a half, and we hope you can join us in Orlando. If you’re unable to attend in person, we will be presenting a virtual version of the event the week of Sept. 27. We’ll be posting more information about this digital event in the coming weeks.
The Enterprise Connect team is grateful for the loyalty and support that our community has shown us over the past year-plus, and we’re eager to see as many of you in person as possible this fall. Please watch this space for continuing updates.
Enterprise Connect 2020 Updates
May 12, 2020 | 1:45 PM PT
After consultation with our stakeholders, we have decided to move Enterprise Connect 2020 to all-Virtual programs for the remainder of the year. It has become clear that gathering and travel restrictions, plus the uncertainty that COVID-19 has caused, make it impossible to bring the industry together in person this year.
In place of our 2020 live event, Enterprise Connect Digital Conference & Expo 2020 will take place online from August 3 6.
Thank you for supporting Enterprise Connect and we look forward to seeing you Virtually later this year, and in person in Orlando next year.
April 30, 2020 | 2:50 PM PT
Enterprise Connect remains committed to bringing the community together this August for a week of industry engagement and in-depth, objective content.
Our planned live event, however, is subject to the impacts from the ongoing pandemic situation. As we monitor that situation, we're simultaneously hard at work building out a virtual option for the core elements of our show. We will provide a digital platform for our community, whether to supplement the live event or replace it.
Details for our August virtual component are being finalized and will be announced soon.
April 13, 2020 | 11:00 AM PT
We understand that this is a difficult time for many. Right now, we are focusing on the future and are hopeful that conditions will improve allowing Enterprise Connect to take place this August.
The health and wellbeing of the Enterprise Connect community is our top priority therefore our planning efforts for the August event include increased cleaning/sanitation, hygiene advocacy, increased availability to medical staff, travel restriction mitigation, physical distancing measures and modified food service, to name a few.
As Enterprise Connect draws closer, we will be in a better position to share specific details around onsite protocols that take into account the current health situation.
March 10, 2020 | 12:30 PM PT
After consultation with our stakeholders over the last few days, we have made the difficult decision to postpone Enterprise Connect Orlando 2020. It has become clear that for a large majority of the Enterprise Connect community, the travel restrictions and uncertainty that coronavirus has caused, has impacted our ability to gather the industry at the end of the month.
Knowing how important Enterprise Connect is for the industry, we are pleased to announce that the event has been rescheduled and will now take place on August 3-6 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA. In addition, we will be presenting several key elements of the Enterprise Connect program on-line in a virtual format during the week of March 30, when Enterprise Connect was originally scheduled to take place. We'll be announcing more details on both the virtual and in-person programs for August shortly. For more details visit our FAQ page.
March 5, 2020 | 10:45 AM PT
At this time, no federal restrictions are in place to prevent travel within the United States. We have the latest statement and information from Visit Orlando and Orlando International Airport (MCO).
- There have been no cases of the virus in Orlando.
- Over 91 percent of Orlando's visitors come from within the U.S., and our MCO does not have direct air service to China, nor to any country that is currently under a travel advisory to the U.S.
- MCO has not been affected by the illness, but airport leaders are prepared to respond as necessary and as directed by the CDC. As part of ongoing preparedness efforts, MCO emergency management leaders met on Wednesday, March 4 with officials from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local and county public health officials, EMS agencies, law enforcement and federal partners to discuss potential scenarios and review the airport's emergency health plans, which cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) response protocols.
- The American public faces low immediate risk, according to the CDC, and we have seen no significant impact to Orlando's leisure visitation.
- Some websites and resources you may find useful:
- For information on the airport's preparedness: Orlando International Airport Prepared for Public Health Emergencies
- For Florida-specific information, read the Florida Department of Health's COVID-19 Response.
- For local information, read the Orange County's COVID-19 Information & Resources
March 4, 2020 | 9:15 AM PT
Enterprise Connect 2020 will take place as scheduled. The safety of our community is always our top priority. We continue to monitor and implement precautions in accordance with the guidance of Florida Dept. of Health, CDC and WHO.
Also, for those who have asked about Enterprise Connect's geographic makeup: Our audience is overwhelmingly U.S.-based; last year 89% of our 7,200+ attendees came from the U.S.
March 2, 2020
Enterprise Connect is aware that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has declared a public health emergency and established a Coronavirus Response Protocol after two state residents tested "presumptively positive" for the coronavirus. We are closely monitoring and following the guidance of the Florida Dept. of Health as well as the CDC. Enterprise Connect will take place as scheduled, and we are working closely with our lead venue, the Gaylord Palms in Orlando, to ensure a safe and healthy experience onsite during the event.
February 27, 2020
Enterprise Connect is adhering to all travel advisories issued by the U.S. Department of State. Attendees travelling from affected areas must comply with all restrictions and safety measures put in place by the U.S. government and their departure/arrival airports.
Here are just some of the actions we, the Gaylord Palms, and our vendors will be taking during the week of Enterprise Connect.
- Sanitize aisle carpets each night
- Furniture sanitizer will be made available to exhibitors with recommendation to clean frequently
- No open pitchers of water will be placed anywhere around the venue
- Lunch attendants will serve food instead of grab and go, to minimize contact with food
- Monday lunch will be served as a box lunch
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all food stations
- Frequent wipe downs of all common touch areas each day, including door knobs, lecterns, microphones, escalator hand rails, trash receptacles, elevator buttons, water stations/bubblers, registration tables, and in and around the bathroom areas.
- Signage describing best health practices and guidance from the CDC will be visibly placed onsite
- Following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Adhering to the travel restrictions and guidance of the U.S. Department of State.
- Communicating with Gaylord Palms and satellite hotels about their cleaning protocols and recommending they review the CDC and the WHO guidance.
Enterprise Connect is:
- Following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Adhering to travel restrictions and guidance of the U.S. Department of State.
- Encouraging attendees and exhibitors to follow regular CDC guidance for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay in your hotel or at home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
In addition, our lead venue for Enterprise Connect, the Gaylord Palms Hotel and Convention Center, has issued the following statement from its parent company Marriott International on its policies and procedures:
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization's statements regarding the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) cases and following the guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments. The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance. We are waiving cancelation fees for hotel stays through February 29, 2020 for guests with reservations at our hotels in Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan and guests from Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan traveling outbound to other Marriott destinations globally.
Marriott International is reinforcing recommended measures on appropriate hygiene standards and following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and local health authorities.
To read Marriott's updated statement on Novel Coronavirus, click here.
Our sympathies are with those affected in China, and all around the world.