The Enterprise Connect team is committed to positively impacting people and the planet. We want to play a vital role in helping the enterprise IT market improve its own sustainability by connecting people with the networks and knowledge they need to help solve the significant challenges of the future.
What We’re Committed to Doing
We are committed to embedding sustainability into our event to inspire our sector to be more sustainable, promoting the achievement of the US’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- We put sustainability at the forefront of our planning and production of the event and collaborate with vendors to do the same
- We encourage and promote sustainability to our attendees through education and sharing
- We lead by example through our actions and words
Women in Communications – we’re enhancing this program in 2023 and are bringing it to the keynote stage to highlight and support current and future women leaders
- Advancing Accessibility – we are embedding educational sessions into our conference program focused on improving accessibility for employees with disabilities
Our goal is to become carbon neutral, halve our waste and save customers more carbon than we emit by 2025, as a stepping stone to being zero waste and net zero carbon by 2030 or earlier.
Here are just some of the things we’ve done to stay at the forefront of driving change within the events industry:
- We ensure sustainability is considered when making our procurement choices, whether that's catering, our venue choices or the accommodation we promote to attendees
We provide the option for attendee to offset the environmental impact of travel during registration
- We’ve replaced almost all foam core signage with signage made from 100% recycled or recyclable cardboard substrate
- We’ve eliminated plastic water bottles in meeting rooms in favor of using reusable water bottles
- We’ve eliminated paper speaker evaluations in favor of electronic feedback forms
- We choose partners that value sustainability, such as Freeman and ETS AV
- We’ve eliminated printed conference materials, now publishing all our conference presentations online
- We have removed aisle carpet to reduce waste and use recycled and multi-use carpets in our Expo Hall
- Since 2017, 49 tons of waste has been diverted to recycling
Enterprise Connect champions Diversity and Inclusion and seeks to create value for our host cities and communities.
We want to ensure that all attendees feel welcome and included at our event. A few of our 2023 programs around Diversity and Inclusion include:
- Partnership with Diversity Org – we’re hosting local underrepresented and minority students to learn about how to obtain high-income and corporate careers
- We are committed to hearing from a diverse range of speakers
- Gender neutral restrooms
- Pronoun tags options during attendee badge pick up
- Areas for disabled attendees
- Charitable donation will be made to local Hurricane Relief Fund in exchange for attendee evaluation forms
- We are recommending visitors visit local restaurants and attractions to help the local economy
- We are donating goods to the community after the event to avoid waste
Your Well-Being at Enterprise Connect
As your host, we seek to create an all-encompassing culture of well-being at our event. Programs include:
- Nursing Lounge
- 5k Run
- Morning Yoga
- Mindfulness Lounge
- Healthy meal options and hydration breaks
- Water refill stations throughout the conference venue
- Easy access to outdoors
It can be tough being on your feet all day, so wear comfortable shoes and take regular breaks.
Stay hydrated throughout the event with regular water breaks!
If you require special assistance, auxiliary aids, interpreters, or other reasonable accommodations while at the conference and/or expo, please contact Lisa Brenna at least four weeks prior to the event date.
Enterprise Connect’s Code of Conduct guides the expectations of attendee conduct at our events. Participation in Enterprise Connect requires that all attendees be considerate and respectful of their peers and will not tolerate demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
How You Can Support Our Sustainability Efforts
As an attendee, please consider the following:
- Consolidate your total business travel by making the most of your time at Enterprise Connect
- You can save yourself travelling to meet individual companies, by arranging to meet them all at Enterprise Connect. This will help reduce your costs and carbon footprint.
- Consider how you'll get to the event and if you can avoid air travel or take lower carbon transport
- Bring a refillable bottle to save plastic
- Recycle your waste onsite and in your hotel where possible
- Avoid food waste
- Only take the give-aways or brochures you need and will use, consider if there are digital alternatives
Enterprise Connect 2023 Powered by Renewable Electricity
As part of our continued commitment to the sustainability of Enterprise Connect, we have switched to 100% renewable electricity for our events. This makes our electricity usage carbon neutral and significantly reduces the carbon footprint of our event.
FasterForward by Informa
Enterprise Connect is part of Informa. Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long-term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in, and the environment. For this reason, Informa developed the FasterForward approach to sustainable business.
Informa’s aim is to become an ever more sustainable, positive-impact business. Through the FasterForward program, we are embedding sustainability into everything we do and seizing opportunities to help our customers and markets do the same.
FasterForward is a structured three-part program with ambitious commitments and a wide range of activities, covering Informa's business operations, our brands and products, and our broader community impact. To find out more about our approach, follow this link: www.informa.com/sustainability/faster-forward/.
When it comes to sustainability, we’re moving FasterForward. Enterprise Connect has been working with Informa's central sustainability team on creating bespoke priorities that are right for the event's audience and subject matter.